Baptism and Wedding Preparation
Please contact San Pedro 3 months before the expected date of your child's baptism.
The Sacrament of Baptism is held on the last Sunday of the month at the 10:45 a.m. Mass.
Requirements for baptism are as follows:
- Parents are required to attend a baptismal class. Please call Denise Borrero at 423-0202 for dates and class times.
- Parents must be registered and active members of San Pedro. However if you are not a member of San Pedro, you may obtain a letter from your current parish stating that you are a registered member and have permission to have your child baptized in this parish.
- At least one of the godparents must be a practicing Catholic. (i.e. attends Mass and receives the sacraments regularly). They also must have received the sacrament of Confirmation.
- If the godparents are not parishioners of San Pedro, please submit a letter from their parish stating that they are a parishioner in good standing.
Policy regarding Marriage at San Pedro Church
Congratulations on your recent engagement. Christ himself has called us to "Love one another as I have loved you" (John 13:34). Because marriage is a lifelong commitment and because through this Sacrament you ask our Lord Himself to unite you, our parish community desires to help you prepare for that serious commitment you are about to make to one another.
Steps to plan your wedding at San Pedro Catholic Church:
- Contact San Pedro at least 6 months prior to your planned wedding date to schedule an appointment to meet with one of our parish priests or deacons where you will receive more detailed information.
- Be a registered and active member at San Pedro Parish or another Catholic Church
- Obtain a current copy of the bride's and groom's Baptismal Certificate from your Baptismal Parish
- Participate in an Engaged Encounter through the Diocese of Venice
Other circumstances, such as a previous marriage will require additional information on the part of the couple to be married. Therefore, it is very important to make your appointment to meet our priest or deacon at the earliest possible opportunity.
Again, congratulations at this exciting time in your life. We at San Pedro look forward to helping you make your wedding day beautiful and your marriage an eternal sign of God's love.