You do not need a degree in theology to teach religion to your family at home. More than anything you should teach by example.
Preach the Gospel at all times...
We strive to provide a seamless blend between the Domestic Church and the Community Church. Our Faith Formation Program is a place where the Catholic values that are taught at home are supported by our community through the Liturgy and Comprehensive Religious Education.
We strive to respect human dignity through compassion and teach as Jesus did. This is done without compromising the precepts of the Catholic Church or the Gospel message. In the words of St Francis, “Preach the Gospel at all times, when necessary use words.”
Direct Office: 941-426-2893 (call for appt)
Grow in faith at San Pedro!
- Family’s must be registered parishioners of San Pedro Catholic Church.
- If there were not any prior Catholic education classes, the child must take Basic Faith before entering a Sacrament Class year.
- The child must be baptized before entering a Communion Class.
- For new parish members who have moved to the area, a letter from the D.R.E. of the previous parish must be presented at registration stating previous formation classes.
- All parents are required to attend a mandatory Orientation class.
- Registration begins in February and the deadline for registration is in August. Classes are filled on a first come first serve basis. Please contact the Faith Formation office to register for the upcoming school year.
Sunday Morning: 9:00- 10:15 am
- Grades: K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8
- **Reconciliation & Eucharist class for children beyond 2nd grade
- (children who have attended the basic faith class)
- **A Basic Faith Class for older children with no prior Religious Education is also offered.
Wednesday Afternoon: 5:30-6:30 pm
Grades: K, 1, 3, 4, & 5
Wednesday Evening: 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Grades: 6, 7 & 8 – Formed in Faith
Parents have an obligation to their own children, as well as to the other students, and teachers to see that their children are on time for class. In order to assure that their formation is beneficial, we ask that students attend class regularly. No child will be released from class early unless a parent or guardian comes to the office for a release slip. This slip must be presented to the teacher before your child is released. This is for your child’s protection. Please pick up your children when class ends, teachers like to attend the 10:45 am Mass and like to be on time.
Catholic Education makes an impact.
San Pedro Catholic Church is located between two of our Diocesan Catholic Schools, St Charles Borromeo School in Port Charlotte and Epiphany Cathedral School in Venice. Click the specific school’s name to view their website and learn more about these schools.
Visit St Charles Borromeo School’s website here.
Visit Epiphany Cathedral School’s website here.
For sixty years, our schools have created a disciplined, caring, and loving environment in which students acquire a solid foundation in faith, academics, morals, and values.
Adult Faith Formation
The Church’s catechetical mission aims to help the faithful of all ages to grow in both human and Christian maturity, enriching the whole of life with the leaven of the Gospel. Consequently, appropriate goals and the content will embrace all the faith dimensions of adult life—for example, understanding and communicating the faith, skills needed for personal growth, the experience of family life, relationships, public service, and concern for the common good.
Our adult faith formation ministry must engage the particular needs and interests of our adult parishioners. To be faithful and effective we will offer, over time, a comprehensive and systematic presentation and exploration of the core elements of Catholic faith and practice—a complete initiation into a Catholic way of life. It will do so in a way that is accessible to adults and relates to their life experiences,
helping them to form a Christian conscience and to live their lives in the world as faithful disciples of Jesus.
This integration of actual life experience, diverse adult learning needs, the study of Scripture, and the teaching of the Church’s tradition will create a vibrant learning environment. It will also challenge the creativity of those who establish the direction, plan the content, and provide programs of adult faith formation.
For more information about Adult Faith Formation opportunities at San Pedro or in the Diocese of Venice, please contact the Office of Faith Formation.